The Rabbit Hole: Our Top 5 Picks
K-pop superstars. A mindful rapper. One scam-attacking streamer. It was a great week of stories across the board. Get up-to-speed on what we're loving lately here at Oath.
1) July's San Diego Comic-Con may have passed, but the fandoms (user-organized fan clubs on Tumblr) that drive it thrive year round. From Game of Thrones to Doctor Strange, check out these excellent photos of the inventive and impressive costumes captured at the event from Tumblr's own photographer.
2) Healthy living doesn't always spring to mind when talking hip hop, but Canadian rapper Cadence Weapon doesn't let convention define him. He spoke with HuffPost Canada to share the ways mindfulness and knowledge of self inform his music, and how his chance to open for Public Enemy jump-started the transformation.
3) Engadget takes on a serious topic: online scams. But with a not-so-serious interview subject: streaming star Kitboga. A one-time software engineer, Kitboga now makes a living creatively scamming tech support scammers of their precious time with endless loops of clueless characters, buggy custom programs, and more before his trademark big reveal.
4) Another day, another report on Millennial investing (or lack thereof). Yahoo Finance's Melody Hahm and Ethan Wolff-Mann stand in for that financially oft-maligned generation and give context as to why Millennials may be hoarding an excessive amount of their net worth in unproductive cash.
5) In case you've been under a musical rock, K-pop is the global phenomenon you can't miss. Naturally, BUILD brought Monsta X, one of its biggest names, on stage. Hear their origin story directly from the stars before a crowd of their biggest fans.