The Rabbit Hole: Our Top 5 Picks
She's running a rocket company. They're finally buying the land they live on. All of us are about to go hyperspeed. Last week gave us some great stories that are sure to educate and inspire you. Read on.
1) SpaceX's President and COO is an engineering natural; she just needed the spark. Hear Gwynne Shotwell tell MAKERS her inspirational story of how an early role model catapulted her into engineering and later onto the Forbes' Top 100 Most Powerful Women list.
2) This isn't science fiction: Your phone is going to be 20x faster than your home broadband. Just give Verizon a little time. Engadget peers into the future and breaks down the technical side of the coming revolution in 5G.
How 5G works with your next phone pic.twitter.com/bZR79MyqaM— Engadget (@engadget) July 28, 2018
3) It's not every day you get to drive a supercar through the tree-capped Alps with 715 horsepower underfoot. But then again, you don't likely work for Autoblog. Join them as they take the brand-new Aston Martin DBS Superleggera for a bucket-list ride.
4) HuffPost knows that large problems sometimes need fresh solutions. The first installment in their new series, This New World, profiles a small Scottish island looking to buy back the land they live on from a distant landlord.
5) Lisa Belkin, Yahoo News' Chief National Correspondent, reports on the record wave of women primary candidates for US elections. But it's an uphill battle—strong incumbents, multi-women races, and highly partisan districts may limit the number actually elected.