With Yahoo Search SDK, you can:
- Allow developers to integrate Yahoo Search with a few lines of code.
- Create and manage the search user experience, including built-in Search Assist and search results displayed in webview, without leaving the app.
- Include separate tabs for Image and Video search.
- Customize the user experience.
- Include "Search to Link" functionality, letting users "share" links that they find from search results. For example, if the user searches for "cat pictures", they can select an image and share it.
Yahoo Search SDK is best for applications where the developer does not want the user to leave the app (utility apps), media apps, or where sharing links is useful (messaging apps, keyboards). It's also valuable for unlocking the monetization power of search, while keeping users engaged and in-app. The size of the SDK size is roughly 800kb.